The Story Behind Hunger Free Colorado
Hunger Free Colorado holds the core belief that hunger is solvable, unnecessary and unjust, and it impacts everyone living in Colorado.
Launched in 2009, Hunger Free Colorado brings a unified, statewide voice to the issue and solutions surrounding hunger, with a goal to ensure all Coloradans have access to affordable, nutritious food.
As the state’s leading anti-hunger organization, we leverage the power of collaboration, systems change, policy change and social change to end hunger in Colorado. Our organization focuses on systemic and sustainable solutions, but we cannot achieve a hunger-free Colorado alone.
Everyone is at their best when they have enough to eat, but there are many life storms that make it difficult for Coloradans to afford healthy food. Collaboration is key in breaking down barriers to access, supporting thriving communities, and helping Coloradans reach their full potential.
Core Beliefs & Values:
- Nutrition: We believe that addressing hunger is addressing nutrition.
- Innovation: We are committed to looking for the best solutions to end hunger.
- Partnership: We can’t achieve our vision alone.
- Community: We believe that there is power in engaging all voices to end hunger.
- Equity: We are committed to ensuring organizational practices promote equitable inclusion of all people to end hunger.